Tuesday 31 July 2012

There Be Dragons


Every 3 months this year my New York agent has been sending out promotional sheets in a catalogue for each illustrator she represents. Each one is themed and this one is simply called 'Movement'. As I'm up to my armpits in lizardmen for the Lords of War cards I thought it might be nice to keep things reptillian but go for a more classic children's book dragon with this. My rough sketch below the finished illustration shows the movement dynamic I was trying to get into the piece. The shape and size I had to work in was dictated to me so I had to fit everything into that shape. You can be the judge as to how successful I was! Always hard to know when to stop with this kind of thing but other jobs beckon so I guess I'm done on this one.











1 comment:

Paintings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.