Monday 1 March 2010

Brainstorm



It was only a week ago that I was lucky enough to be able to stay at a friend's flat overlooking Port Gaverne in Cornwall. The above video clippage was taken from the doorstep and was pretty much the view out of the main window.


















The picturesque village of Port Isaac was a few minutes walk away and makes a great short stroll to a pub lunch (one of my favourite weekend activities). Fresh fish, Cornish fudge, fish and chips and Cornish ale were all indulged in and helped greatly to focus my mind on writing a story for a picture book which I've had on the go for years but never got anywhere with it...













...until now that is. I managed a very productive weekend, brainstorming ideas and I can't believe I've never thought of having a working weekend away before. I think I'll have to do this a lot more often.

2 comments:

Munich Newman said...

Marvelous video clip of Port Gaverne, crikey, I was nearly back there myself watching that. I bet the fudge helped, nice touch that when sketching, keep the 'ol sugar levels up.

Steve Cox said...

The fudge helped...along with the Tribute Ale and other Cornish goodies.

I haven't forgotten those books Fraser, just been absolutely buried with deadlines with looming Bologna Book Fair deadlines. As soon as the coast is clear I'll be straight down to the PO with them.